[Must see] How to deal with a variety of pet diseases in autumn and winter?
1.The common cold
Autumn is cold in the morning and evening, the temperature difference between day and night is big, this is the main reason that causes a cold of cat and dog.
Especially for short - nosed and small dogs, pay more attention to keeping warm.
When bathing pets, a little carelessness can also cause them to catch a cold, this season they must be dried with a hair dryer, not too hot.If it's a short breed or a dog that needs to be shaved for skin treatment, add some clothing to keep warm.
Performance: generally, dogs suffering from colds are depressed, have a sharp decrease in food intake, have chills when their body temperature is raised, have conjunctival flushing and their eyes are ashamed to shed tears, accompanied by cough.The nasal fluid that the nose leaves at the beginning of the disease is serous, become mucous or yellow mucous sex later, can become purulent secretion later.Often accompanied by nasal mucosa itching, dogs often scratch the nose in the forepaw, easy to cause scratch injuries.Uneven skin temperature, broken ears and extremities, cool, more breathing.
What to do: when it comes to preventing colds, keep dogs warm and nurse them well in the fall.Be sure to quickly wipe with a dry towel after taking a bath during the cold season and leave it in a warm room where a dog who is not afraid of a hairdryer can use it to dry.If necessary can supplement vitamin, improve immunity.We have a series of vitamin C,form as powder,tablets and oral solution. If the condition aggravates and the temperature rises, must rush to the hospital
Gastroenteric cold is a type of cold, after the infection in the throat, the bacteria and virus will be swallowed down the saliva in the gastrointestinal tract caused gastrointestinal discomfort.The causative factors of gastrointestinal cold mainly come from the external stimulation and the pathogen entering the digestive tract.
Presentation: symptoms of gastrointestinal discomfort, such as nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain and diarrhea.The most common causes of gastrointestinal colds are viral infections and allergic reactions to food.
Prevention: avoiding feeding pets raw and cold food in winter and reducing gastrointestinal irritation are the main measures to reduce the incidence of gastrointestinal cold.
3.Digestive tract diseases and symptoms
Common gastrointestinal symptoms include:
Diarrhea, vomiting, dry vomiting, hematitis, constipation, abdominal pain, etc.
Although a lot of vomiting and diarrhea are for a while, but for the young animals, vomiting diarrhea may let them die, because their body adjustment mechanism is not perfect, once appear, these problems are easy to occur dehydration and appear dangerous life, so for the young animals, vomiting diarrhea need hospital treatment in a timely manner.
If adult animals have frequent vomiting, diarrhea, vomit or fecal blood, listlessness and other symptoms, they also need to be taken to the hospital for examination. Do not think about self-treatment at home!
In addition, many people find their babies diarrhea or soft stool, always like to give a little human antidiarrheal drugs or antibiotics, which is not true, some people use drug ingredients can cause an animal poisoning reaction.
Never underestimate a pet's unusual symptoms, let alone think that it is just eating bad food that causes upset stomach.In fact, vomiting and diarrhea may also be caused by poisoning, foreign bodies, and other systemic diseases. Therefore, the earlier you take your pet to a veterinarian for examination, the worse the pet's condition will be and the higher the cost will be.
Autumn and winter are the season for infectious diseases. Severe infectious diseases such as canine distemper, canine nest cough and canine parturient flu are easy to attack in this season. Therefore, we must do a good job in epidemic prevention and vaccinate.If you have observed symptoms such as unwell spirit, runny nose, sneezing, coughing, high body temperature or diarrhea, please call or WeChat to ningji animal hospital in time to avoid delaying the disease.
What to do: get the vaccine ahead of time.
Abnormal climate change in autumn and winter, rapid seasonal change, large temperature difference in early, middle and late, and indoor and outdoor temperatures, respiratory mucosa is constantly stimulated by warm and cold temperatures and weakened resistance, which provides an opportunity for pathogenic microorganisms, especially when the environment is not ventilated, laryngotracheitis is more likely to spread rapidly among pets.
Prevention: warm clothing should be added appropriately with the change of temperature to increase outdoor activities, improve physical fitness and keep the environment well ventilated.Should drink water appropriately more, complement VC, enhance airframe metabolization ability.Keep the water temperature under control while bathing and blow dry immediately after coming out.Put a cotton blanket on your sleeping mat at night.
6.Bronchitis and pneumonia
Many pets develop upper respiratory tract inflammation, followed by bronchial inflammation and pneumonia.It starts out as panting and then develops symptoms such as high fever and cough.
Prevention tip: pet upper airway inflammation to prevent the complications of bronchitis and pneumonia.You should take your pet to a pet hospital immediately and keep warm. Coughing and cold are not easy to get well.
7.Tips for pet autumn and winter
1. Children purchased just in autumn and winter must be taken to the hospital for physical examination, especially for virus antibodies. If antibody immunity is poor, serum or immunoglobulin should be injected immediately to strengthen the body.
2. The temperature is cold in autumn and winter. Do not bathe the pet immediately to avoid catching cold.
3. Pets that are not immunized should be kept in the new environment for two weeks. If they are normal in diet, excretion and mental state, they can be injected with vaccine and treated with insect repellent.
4. Children should control their food intake after they get home, eat special pet food and eat more meals less, and make sure to drink clean water.
1. The temperature difference in autumn is large, and pets are susceptible to respiratory and gastrointestinal diseases.It's best not to take your baby for a walk in the cold, wet weather.
2. Due to the influence of weather, pets will gradually reduce the amount of exercise. According to the pet's choice of staple food, they should be fed with grain to avoid eating too much and getting fat or thin.
3. Proper supplements of vitamins and other nutrients can ensure the resistance of pets.
4. Autumn and winter are the fur-changing seasons for pets, and it takes several weeks for hair replacement to be regularly combed. The removal of floating hairs can promote skin blood circulation and make hair replacement more smooth.
Many old pets have heart problems. It is cool in autumn and winter, but it is better not to increase the exercise at will to avoid sudden heart disease.
2. Many old pets have lumbar spine disease. The autumn sun will be mild.
3. In autumn and winter, the elderly pets should be given a balanced diet, providing food with sufficient protein, minerals and coarse fiber, and less food with high energy and protein content.
4. The gastrointestinal function of elderly pets is much worse than that of young and middle-aged pets. They are prone to gastrointestinal diseases.
Older pets have lower resistance and have a more variable autumn climate.Therefore, old pets must be immunized on a regular basis for health check-up to prevent disease in the future.
8.Pet Parasitic infection
Common parasitic infections in dogs and cats:flea,tick,lice,Itching mite,roundworm disease,
Ticks, fleas and lice are common parasites in dogs and cats. They often live in grass and can spread throughout the whole body of dogs and cats after infection. Ticks can cause muscle symmetrically flabby paralysis, fleas cause severe itchy skin diseases, and lice cause itching and depilation and skin damage.Itchy mites can cause skin allergies, and in severe cases can drive a dog mad with itchiness.
Treatment measures: Fipronil spary for dogs and cats;Spinosad tablet;Ivermectin solution/tablet/powder
Roundworm Clinical Symptoms :Gradually thin, the mucosa is pale.Loss of appetite, vomiting, allotropism, dyspepsia, dysentery before constipation.Occasional epileptic spasm.Pup abdominal distension, growth retardation.When infection is serious, its vomit content and feces are often excreted roundworm, can be diagnosed.
Treatment measures:The puppy is examined once a month, and the adult dog is examined once a season. Levamisole may be taken internally at 10 mg/kg body weight. Or use albendazole tablet twice a day for two days in a row. Or use pyrantel pamoate oral solution.